Thursday 8 January 2015

Shell

Drawn with Conte pencils
This is my first attempt at a still life. It's certainly still, though I don't know if it has much life about it.  It was pretty difficult to try to render this as 3D.  I've had this shell since I was 5 years old.  We picked it up in a pretty little town called Callander in Central Scotland.  It's one of the few childhood possessions I've kept a hold of.  I don't know what type of shell it is but after a Google search my best guess is that it is a Lace Murex.



2 comments:

  1. Good job! Nice eclectic mix of work from you at the start of a New Year. No signature on it yet though, any reason for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Never really thought about signing them as they are just little sketches.

    Stay tuned, another weird subject tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete