Wednesday 25 February 2015

Santissimo Nome di Maria al Foro Traiano and Santa Maria di Loreto.

HB and 6B pencil
I follow a lot of artists on Twitter.  In the past couple of days I've been inspired by some architecture/street pieces by @jeanettebarnes1 and @petermurray1812 .  I recommend you check them out.  With that in mind I took a wee trip to Rome in my lunch hour (courtesy of Street View of course) and drew this image of Santissimo Nome di Maria al Foro Traiano and the smaller Santa Maria di Loreto.  My effort in no way emulates the aforementioned artists but they have inspired me to try and be a bit more free and loose with my pencil strokes.  



2 comments:

  1. Lots of well captured detail and clean lines in this pleasing to the eye picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's kind of you to say so

    ReplyDelete