Thursday 12 March 2015

The Dancing House

I'm still trying to let myself go by doing more scribbly, messy drawings.  Yesterday I started a sketch of a church in Estonia which I found on Street View (below), but the result  was rather unsatisfactory as I think I was trying to draw a decent image but be care free at the same time.  It just didn't work.  Today I picked The Dancing House in Prague.  I tried to just scribble in the lines and details a bit more spontaneously and I've found it to be a more satisfying result.  Invariably it has only a passing resemblance to the real thing and I've completely failed to convey 3 dimensions or that this building is on the corner of the street, however I think this approach is the way forward.






2 comments:

  1. Why do you want messy drawings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that style. I am particularly keen on impressionism and I love how a recognisable image can be created without conforming to the precise rendering of the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete