Friday 24 April 2015

Louisiana

The view from the grounds at Louisiana.
Sweden is just over the horizon,
Half an hour north of Copenhagen by train is the Louisiana Gallery of Modern Art.  I've just returned from a trip to Copenhagen and my friend and I decided to take some time out of the city to visit this gallery.  It was well worth the trip and is probably the best modern art gallery I've visited. The unassuming buildings are set into a pretty landscape by the sea.




Richard Mosse's stunning film "The Enclave" captured on 16mm Kodak
Aerochrome film, once favoured by the military for surveillance.  The 25 minute
film explores war in the Democratic Republic of Congo.  The above is one
of Richard's still images.




My friend and I arrived at 11.00 a.m. when the gallery opened and we didn't leave until 4.00 p.m.. There was so much to see and we were lucky to arrive on such a beautiful day.  There are two wings to the building which are packed full of wonderful art works.  We also spent time in the sculpture garden, enjoying the art and soaking up the sun.

There were several exhibitions taking place and there are also pieces on display from their permanent collection.  We also
enjoyed a delicious lunch in their
cafe.

Art on a plate.  This is a smørrebrød which is a danish 
open sandwich.
A view to a small lake with some Giacometti's on display.







2 comments:

  1. This looks like an amazing place to visit. I really enjoyed hearing about your visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly was. I'll post some more shots in a few days.

    ReplyDelete