Monday 20 July 2015

Balloons






We have had somewhat changeable weather in Edinburgh this summer. This week has seen high winds and flooding for instance.  A couple of Saturdays ago we did have a really lovely warm and sunny evening and I went along to the Meadows which is a large park in the city centre.  There was a small arts event taking place called Colour the Sky which ultimately involved lots of people standing in a circle and letting balloons go up in to the sky (we were assured that the balloons were biodegradable).  The best part was being able to sit outdoors on an evening drinking wine with friends.  I drew this little sketch today from one of the photos I took.  I used a 9B pencil for the figures and some colour pencils for the balloons.  I thought it was about time I introduced colour back in to the blog as I've focussed a lot on graphite pencil for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment