Saturday 14 November 2015

Angels Landing


Probably inspired by the Sky Arts Landscape Artist of the Year television programme, I drew this scene from a photograph of Angels Landing at Zion National Park in Utah today. I used Derwent Inktense ink blocks which I bought a while ago then added water to loosen the ink.  I haven't used the blocks before and wasn't sure what I was going to do with them.  I've used the Inktense pencils in the past but the blocks are more difficult for a beginner to handle. However, whilst it is very basic, I rather like this.






2 comments:

  1. I think you could have been a wild card this week. Did you see the winning effort this week? Very controversial winning result and one I was very much against.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, this week's winner wouldn't have been my choice either.

    ReplyDelete