Monday 30 June 2014

The body

My art started around a month ago, so I'm not writing this blog in real time. I'll use the next few posts to catch up on the pieces I've done in recent weeks.  The point of the blog is to follow the art as it develops. Ideally there will be improvement over time.  I  have no training and haven't done any art since I was at school.  I had no idea I could draw anything so after my little sketches in the last post I was pleasantly surprised that I could draw something that looked like what it was supposed to be.  I moved on to life drawing and here are the results:
 
   I've left the guide marks and flawed lines as I'm not aiming for perfection at this stage.    
  
 
I drew this one from a photograph
I introduced shading here for the first time and was pleased with the results

No comments:

Post a Comment