Saturday 13 September 2014

Disaster at the Canal St Martin

No, not a novel by Edgar Allan Poe, just a pretty horrible picture. In my defence (ok, here come the excuses) I was sitting low down on the concrete edge of this canal in Paris so it wasn't entirely optimum comfort.  However, I hoped it could be rescued by a nice watercolour wash when I came home; I mean, those Line and Washes that other people do look so easy!  Clearly this image was beyond rescue and unfortunately the Moleskine didn't seem to take the watercolour very well.  However I've looked online and it seems that other people have managed to apply watercolours to this notebook ok, so maybe it was my paint or my brushes (yes, I'm blaming my tools now).  Well, I suppose it is just another step in the learning journey.  Maybe the true artists out there can give me some tips......







No comments:

Post a Comment