Tuesday 28 October 2014

The Hikarie experiment

I feel that I should venture out and try to find a way to make my art a bit more expressive and imaginative rather than just making images of a subject for its own sake. To that end, I tried to be a bit more adventurous with the Asakusa picture in the previous post below. To date, I’ve done several drawings in ink then coloured them in with watercolour pencils later. I love the cartoon effect which this creates. However in the Asakusa picture I’ve drawn only with watercolour pencils and applied water fairly haphazardly to see what would happen.
In this picture of the interior of the Hikarie building in Tokyo (see my previous entry on  16 September 2014) I’ve used the shapes formed by the architectural infrastructure, to create an abstract. I really liked the effect of the black ink Inktense pencil in the Asakusa picture though the result is not quite as pleasing here. I still like it though and it was a useful learning experience. In the next day or so I’ll post another attempt where I’ve drawn an autumnal woodland scene, this time with a more pleasing outcome. Stay tuned…..

No comments:

Post a Comment