Thursday 21 May 2015

New Pen


I admire the work of Mark Kirkham, a.k.a Edinburgh Sketcher, so I asked him, via the wonder of Twitter, which pen he liked to use for his illustrations.  He was kind enough to reply and confirm that he likes to use a Uni Pin.  I popped out to my local art store in Tollcross and picked up two Uni Pins (size 0.2 and 0.5).  My first experiment with the 0.2 is this image of a sculpture from the Musée d'Orsay  my favourite art museum in Paris. I came across the sculpture using Google Street View which includes the interiors of some buildings as well as the outdoors.  I enjoyed using the Uni Pin. I note that it is made by the Japanese company Mitsubishi.  The Japanese are pretty expert at making decent stationery products.  I've enjoyed using Zig and Pigma Micron pens too, also produced by Japanese manufacturers (Kuretake and Sakura respectively). You might remember that I've spoken about Sakura before when I blogged about the 50 year old oil pastels I'd been given.  


No comments:

Post a Comment