Saturday 9 May 2015

Waseda Dori and the Tokyo experience.

9B Pencil



Micron 02 pen
It's almost a year since I visited Tokyo.  It still holds endless fascination for me.  When I was there I found that there was a lot more humanity at ground level than first meets the eye when confronted by the sheer magnitude of the concrete jungle.  You just have to step away from a main drag into a quite back street to find calm and delightful little corners holding artisan shops, peaceful shrines or carefully tended potted plants. 

It's a place I revisit often by means of Street View and the other night 

I came across Waseda Dori which looks like the perfect place for a wander.  I liked this street corner which I've drawn in pencil then in pen. It's a pity Tokyo is so far away as it's a place that you could easily visit time and again without tiring of.  Hopefully I'll make it back there again one day.












No comments:

Post a Comment