Thursday 3 July 2014

Everyone needs to get a little bit of perspective.


We all know about perspective don't we?  Everything gets smaller when it is further away, lines disappear into the distance and buildings have angles.  Easy? Armed with that knowledge, off you go.  However, as a beginner I find that my brain can't translate what my eyes see.  Obviously it is going to take a lot of practice but I wanted to keep a record here of my early attempts and where, it all went horribly wrong:
 In the image on the right I was trying to draw this photograph I took in Burano.  I first drew the buildings leaning to the right (for some reason - the brain disengaging with the eyes I think).  I realised it had gone wrong and I've drawn on top the buildings as I think they should be.  I think I'll revisit this attempt some other time.
  
 
The image on the left was drawn on site at the Botanical gargens in Edinburgh. The side of the building was more acute from where I was sitting, but it hasn't quite turned out that way on the page. 

This is Ye Olde Inn in Davidsons Mains and it has turned out rather higgledy piggedly

No comments:

Post a Comment