Tuesday 1 July 2014

Venice

I decided to use some of my own photographs as a basis for painting.  Venice seemed like the perfect topic for a first watercolour.  Oddly, the picture I chose was in black and white but I felt that the scene lent itself to the addition of colour.  I realise that the tourists are like midgets (more of that later) and the perspective is pretty wonky but I like it.  I've learned that I need a lot more practise at sketching (I have a tendency to want to run before I can walk) but it is a very enjoyable hobby to launch yourself headlong into nonetheless.  I mainly used the Winsor & Newton watercolour paint but I also used the Inktense pencils for the tourists and the gondolier.

Talking of Venice, I attended the Biennale last year or 'the oscars of the art world' as it is sometimes called.  It was a wonderful experience and I'd love to go back some time.  Definitely something you should put on your bucket list.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment