Tuesday 1 July 2014

First sketch outdoors

Just one more sketch to add before I post the colour images. This is of Edinburgh Castle in Scotland. It was a lovely sunny day in Edinburgh, the day of the Gumball rally, and I took my sketch pad and pencils to Princes Street Gardens which is a lovely spot in the centre of the city.  I really enjoyed doing this sketch and hope it will be something I can do when I go on holidays in future:
 







I just want to tell you about this pretty bowl I bought in Tokyo recently too.  It was my first ever trip there and I wanted to bring back a piece of pottery as a souvenir, though I only had a small suitcase so I didn't have much room.  I found a pottery shop on Yanaka Ginza shopping street and bought this.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it so stuck it in a cupboard when I came home. Once I started using the watercolour pencils and paint I realised I needed something to hold water and decided this would be ideal.  It seems to add to the pleasure of painting to have such a nice object to use.  I think I'm going to have to go back to Tokyo to buy a brush holder!




No comments:

Post a Comment