Thursday 27 November 2014

A wee bit ambitious

As you may know I've been spending some time during my lunch breaks at work doing some drawing, which is a pleasant way to pass the time in the middle of the day.  As ever, coming up with ideas for drawing projects is difficult for me.  I need to find something I feel I am capable of rendering in sketch form and also which interests me.  I am an avid follower of current affairs and I've found photo journalism to have given me some inspiration (my Kobani and Gaza images for example).

I've used an HB pencil and 4B pencil here.
 
 
I found a great shot  of workers dismantling the Indian Navy Ship INS Vikrant at a ship breakers yard in Mumbai by photo journalist Danish Siddiqui.  This is my work in progress based on this shot.  I want to gradually improve upon my urban sketching and whereas in the past I've focused on single figures or buildings I want to try and move on to piecing a whole scene together.   Clearly I am over-stretching myself but I think you have to do that to try to progress.  



No comments:

Post a Comment