Saturday 29 November 2014

Inspiration


Dirty Burning by Victoria Morton




I visited the Generation exhibition at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern art in Edinburgh today. It celebrates the last 25 years of contemporary art in Scotland.  Here are some of the pieces I saw which caught my eye:




Child by Julie Roberts
Restraining Coat
 by Julie Roberts




 These four pieces are by Charles Avery, an artist who is largely self taught.  His pieces were outstanding. In particular there were two enormous pieces (the image above with the pyramids in the background is one large piece and the other three are tiny details from two of his largest works on display which caught my eye.  This type of drawing is what I aspire to (although not quite on this vast scale!).  His pieces were wholly imaginative and beautifully rendered.  I spent ages looking at these and enjoyed finding delightful little elements. Mr Avery, you blew my mind.


These beautifully rendered images of fabric
were quite stunning.
These two are small elements from two
paintings from Alison Watt's Shift series







No comments:

Post a Comment