Friday 5 June 2015

Tony Blair marks progress!


I began sketching one year ago with no prior experience or teaching (other than at High School, a long time ago) and never having even tried before.  I enjoyed my early attempts and decided to launch the blog so that I could keep a record for myself of my progress.  I had some hope to improve as time went on.  My subjects and media have been varied, as reflect my own interests.  In particular I found that what I most hoped to achieve was to draw a portrait which was recognisable as the person  it was supposed to be.  It's a skill I admire in other artists.  In recent days I've failed miserably (Patrick Stewart, Matt Damon, Michael Fassbender, Humphrey Bogart, Pablo Picasso) but today I managed to draw my 'best' portrait yet.  Several people have recognised this to be Tony Blair.  Hooray, job done!  Well clearly I still have a long way to go but I'm certainly pleased with my progress particularly as I always believed I had two left hands.  I hope some of you will be inspired to try your hand at art too.

No comments:

Post a Comment