Wednesday 19 August 2015

Adults only



The latest trend in publishing is colouring books for adults.  Scottish illustrator Johanna Basford's Secret Garden book in particular has sold over one million copies.  The drawings inside are beautiful though very detailed. I'm not sure if I will have the patience to complete it but I've made a start with the owl.  This seems a good way to be arty if I'm struggling for ideas for my own original drawings and may be a good way to spend time during the dark winter months.  If colouring is not your thing, how about drawing the dots?  Yes, that too has its own Adult version created by Thomas Pavitte.  I picked this up at the Tate Modern gallery in London and am looking forward to revealing the images.


So, the book said this should take half an hour, it took me an hour and a half.
I do like the picture of Amsterdam though (at least I think it is Amsterdam).




No comments:

Post a Comment